Controls System Engineer
Our Client is seeking a Controls Systems Engineer to take on the design, and development of controls systems on skid frames, which are used within industrial process environments.
- Design and develop appropriate electrical and control systems for equipment and/or systems for use within industrial fluid process systems.
- Provide detailed functional design specifications and associated logic charts for the development of appropriate software and/or communications. Understand the function of all components of a machine/system, both mechanical and electrical.
- Preparation of electrical schematics and specifications to create instructions for the manufacture and operation of control panels
- Recording and analysing data and presenting findings in written reports
- Troubleshooting, testing and problem solving new and/or existing control systems
- Working collaboratively with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and other internal or external subcontractors as required
Criteria for Selection
HND or above or a proven track record of working in a similar business/industry
Working knowledge of industrial process equipment and its related control and instrumentation systems
Developing electrical control systems and functional design
Ideally a member of an appropriate professional body
Ability to develop and specify control systems for machines and systems
Ability to produce electrical schematics using relevant CAD tools
Understanding of basic thermodynamics and/or fluid dynamics of a system
Ability to programme PLC's
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.