As a Contract Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for our workforce and customers throughout London and the south coast. You will acquire labour, subcontractors, plant and materials to ensure work is completed on time and to budget.
The successful candidate will manage and motivate a well-established team of site staff and subcontractors through a network of foremen. Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction, you will develop and maintain lasting relationships with our clients, many of whom we have a long standing relationships with.
In this key role, you will develop and implement plans whilst setting up new and visiting existing sites. You will ensure productivity management systems are in place and targets are issued before work starts and ensure our policies, procedures and business management systems are understood and followed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Monitoring and controlling contracts to minimise costs and maximise value and profit
- Recruiting, inducting and developing site based staff and apprentices
- Identifying cost and progress variances and taking action if needed
- Maintaining effective reporting procedures for programming and control purposes
- To be considered, you must have:
- Relevant experience of contract management in a similar role on capital works projects ranging from £50,000 to £2m
- Experience of simultaneously running a variety of projects in various locations
- The ability to organise, manage and motivate both subcontractors and a direct labour workforce of various trades
- Experience in the production of client KPI's
- A sound knowledge of CDM and health and safety requirements
- The ability to set targets and understand costs and manage against them to deliver consistently profitable performance
- The ability to prepare programme's and positively manage change to complete projects on time
- Experience of schedule of rates
As a Contracts Manager, you must be a customer focused team player with strong judgement and decision making abilities. You must also be commercially aware and be adept at thinking logically and analytically. Exceptional interpersonal and communication attributes are also key. If you have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications please apply by return as our client is keen to move forward with this piece of work.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.