Construction Support Manager - Central London
Our client, London's Public Transportation provider, are looking for an experienced Construction Support Manager to join them in their Central London office on a 6 month contract. This role will involve travelling to various sites across the network.
The purpose of this role is to assist with works construction planning expertise, review and challenge proposed construction methodologies developed by internal teams or by suppliers and propose innovative solutions to solve complex construction challenges ensuring the works are constructed and commissioned in accordance with the works contracts. You will assist with the construction logistics and provide on-site supervision to ensure that works construction complies with specified requirements, standards, Code of Construction Practice and associated requirements ensuring the defect list and outstanding works lists are up to date and managed and also ensuring the inspection and test plans are completed and up to date.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- A good awareness of construction methods, plant and equipment installation, finishes and systems integration with a good all round knowledge of the application of health and safety/CDM legislation and corporate safety procedures within a railway and construction environments and specifically understand the role of a Principle Contractor.
- Awareness of NEC ECC contracts and contract administration.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at multiple levels across the organisation and externally, plus the ability to review data and produce reports to the business.
- The ability to execute the site related duties of a Principle Contractor, including but not limited to, the ability to carry out inductions, ensuring the required signage is installed, the relevant documentation is in place, undertake HSE inspections and provide a safe environment throughout the duration of the works to all operatives and the public.
- Experience of working on major multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects together with experience of operating in a multi-contractor site environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in Public Transportation, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the London Transport network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.