Meridian Business Support are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client, for a Construction Manager with civils bias for a 6 month contract, starting January 2016 in the North East of England.
This role is working on a new build CHP plant and will be representing the client. Remuneration is negotiable.
The ideal candidate will be from the North East area, have a minimum of 10 years in construction management, have excellent negotiation and influencing skills, confidence in helping solve complex issues and have experience as a client representative within the power generation/biomass sectors.
- Oversee contractor resources used at the Project Site to design, construct, test and commission a biomass CHP plant - "client construction management".
- Supervise the construction and related activities, in particular ensuring contractor adheres to contractual requirements for quality and safety.
- Assist Project Manager in carrying out the client project management activities, including but not limited to project management, design document review, construction management, contract/commercial management, scheduling, administrative etc.
- Report to Project Manager on project progress and problems.
- Keep a contemporary record of events on site, specifically those that could give rise to a claim for increased time or cost. This is to include regular photographic records.
- Chair and minute weekly site progress meeting with EPC Main Contractor's Site Supervisor
- Comply with specific project procedures, particularly for EPC contracts and also related contracts
- Liaise as necessary with other company resources,
- Liaise as necessary with statutory bodies e.g. SEPA, Moray Council etc.
- Manage other EPC related activities as required, e.g. liaison with external organisations such as electricity interconnection provider, water/sewer provider, legal, owner's engineer etc.
- Support/manage relevant development activities prior to project financial close (if appropriate).
- Support and advise the Projects Director (and others as required) to assist the project development process and assist integration of pre and post financial closure activities.
- Supervise Admin Assistant
- Provide day to day supervision of the site based Admin Assistant
- High standard of management, influencing and negotiating skills, able to get into complex issues. Good verbal and written communication skills and computer literate. Able to operate without a large supporting team.
- Site safety qualifications are desirable.
- Experience in construction management is essential and in the power generation sector is desirable. The requirements are unlikely to be met by anyone with less than ten years relevant working experience. Personal skills are as important as experience gained.
- Desirable: University degree qualified (first or upper second class degree in the UK) in a scientific or engineering discipline, OR equivalent experience gained in a relevant industry.
If you feel your skills and credentials suit the above requirements, please apply with a relevant, updated CV
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.