Are you an experienced Company Accountant looking for a new opportunity in the Somerset area? Ideally you will have industry / manufacturing sector experience.
- Manage cash flow analysis and projections
- Support preparation of annual budget and provide monthly report showing actual results against budget
- Investigate budget variances and draw up corrective plans with senior managers
- Review monthly bank and control accounts reconciliations
- Complete and submit VAT returns
- Complete year end payroll submissions to HMRC
- Prepare monthly payroll for DIBE employees and input to payroll system
- Review weekly DIBE payroll and authorise payment
- Control submission of BACS payments
- Prepare annual statutory accounts in conjunction with the auditors
- Provide information for corporation tax returns to the Company's external advisors.
- Prepare and submit P11Ds
- Provide financial management support at senior management meetings
- Advise managers on financial policy and control
- Effectively communicate and co-ordinate with internal and external personnel.
- Maintain professional knowledge through continuing professional development activities.
- Control of Purchase and Sales Ledger.
- Develop and improve financial systems and management information
- Approve and control foreign currency payments
- Responsible for Receptionist and Accounts Assistant.
- CIMA/ACCA qualified or equivalent is desirable. Part qualified applicants will also be considered. The ability to apply professional accountancy processes effectively is essential.
- Previous experience within industry is preferred, ideally within the manufacturing sector.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel and Word, together with experience in the use of financial computer information systems and manufacturing ERP systems
- Prior experience in the delivery of payroll processes is preferred
- The ability to communicate professionally at all levels is essential
- The ability to work flexibly and effectively as part of a team
- Strong personal organization skills are required with experience in meeting regular accounting deadlines
- Training and skill development opportunities
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Prudential Group Personal Pension Plan
Working Hours: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday.
8.00am - 1.20pm on Friday. 37.50 hours/week.
Additional hours or variable hours may be required from time to time.
Consideration will be given to candidates who may wish to work 4 days per week
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.