At Meridian Health we are looking to recruit Community Support Workers on behalf of our client an award winning and leading provider of care services, Specialising in supporting adults Learning disabilities within residential services and in the community.
The main part of this role is support individuals within their own homes within the community, supporting during daily activities and tasks to help them to achieve their ambitions.
Ideally our client is looking for experienced support workers with NVQ Level 3 Health and social care but support workers with NVQ Level 2 will be considered, you must be a driver with a full clean driving licence to be considered for this role.
- Work with individuals in a person-centred way and in line with the client's values and support philosophy to identify their aims and put them into effect.
- Assist individuals to put into practice their Support Agreements, which are in line with agreements such as their Care Plans and their Care Programme Approach Plan.
- Promote independence and ensure that necessary support tasks are carried out for as long as needed and with respect.
- Follow courses of action that are based on Risk Assessments; decide what information relating to potentially challenging behaviour or situations should be fed back; and carry out Risk Assessments when there is an immediate danger or in line with agreed procedures
- Carry out support tasks that relate to personal care, daily living and following interests in the most appropriate way.
- Assist people to undertake agreed treatment programmes, but only undertake medical procedures in specific circumstances and after training.
- Assist individuals to be able to put forward their views and to act as an advocate when needed.
In return, you will benefit from the following:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays including Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Promotional opportunities
If you would like to discuss this position further please apply below or email your CV to email@example.com alternatively you can call Rebekah on 0151 556 2090.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.