We are looking for a new Commercial Account Handler to join our respected clients in Taunton.
You will be managing your own client bank and areas of responsibility, so that a positive contribution is made to achieving sales forecasts and budgets. You will be working closely with the External Sales to provide a comprehensive Commercial insurance service to existing and potential new customers; ensuring high levels of liaison to understand requirements and maximise customer satisfaction.
You will assist customers in initial reporting and subsequent negotiation with insurers of a satisfactory settlement of claims, as required. You will also provide risk advise/ risk management/ risk prevention information on both Commercial Motor and Non - Motor risks to customers, in conjunction with Underwriters as appropriate.
Please note, it is a requirement that you have thorough knowledge of the following:
- The principles, practices and legalities of all major classes of General Insurance.
- The UK General Insurance market in respect of both Personal and Commercial insurances.
- Underwriting and rating factors, and how these are applied in relation to all major classes of Commercial insurance.
- Industrial processes, construction methods and factors, security measures, Health & Safety legislation and Risk Management techniques.
- The Company's Complaints Procedure.
- The operation of the Company's IT system, including procedures, authority limits and audit trails.
- Report writing and insurance register preparation techniques.
- The Law of Agency
- The Data Protection Act
- Credit Management Procedures
- Requirements of money laundering legislation
If this is a role you would be interested in, please apply or call 01823 344 799 for more information. Due to the high volume of applications expected for this position we can only respond to candidates whose skills and experience match the role requirements
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.