We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, for a Collections Manager based in Cardiff.
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who will be the key driver in optimising the recovery of cash collections. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, start-up like environment.
You will be responsible for both the management of the Collections team and leading the function within this business area, the core requirement being to optimise cash collections in a timely and effective manner, minimising risk exposure and providing an excellent customer service, building customer confidence and enhancing the company's reputation.
You will be an outstanding communicator with the ability to quickly build rapport and demonstrate the ability to achieve success through motivation and engagement of others. Demonstrable experience in achieving both personal and team targets using speed and accuracy.
- Day-to-day management of an inbound and/or outbound Collections team in a Call Centre environment
- Daily operational responsibility for productivity and performance management of the Collections team
- Provision of first class debt recovery service to customers
- Daily responsibility for ensuring compliance with core regulatory requirements
- Daily responsibility for coaching, training, developing and motivating team members to meet and exceed performance targets and expectations
- Make use of existing technologies to maximise customer contact whilst minimising cost per contact, review and propose new technologies as required
- Lead and assist in developing the collections strategy that enhance the customer contact experience through all available channels, including website, e-mail, SMS etc
- Leverage data and modelling assets to influence decision making and strategic direction
- Sound understanding of financial regulations affecting Consumer Credit (FCA background, DPA, Money Laundering, CCA)
- Understanding of UK Telecom Regulations
- Proven experience of leading and developing a Collections and Debt Recovery teams, ideally managing a multiple location team
- Commercially astute, proven use and analysis of management information and developing relevant business strategies
- Previous experience of delivering outstanding results
- Confident communicator, used to interacting with stakeholders and management team
- Operational knowledge of a Call Centre environment
- Adaptable approach to working hours/patterns
- Analytical skills and proficiency in use of Excel
- Supporting ad-hoc projects as required
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a full CRB & Credit check to comply with regulatory requirements
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.