We are currently recruiting for experienced CNC Programmer/Setters, this is a great opportunity to join an expanding company based in Taunton, Somerset. Due to increasing orders and company expansion they are currently recruiting across all shifts.
Positions available on both days and nights. The day-shift operates on a 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm alternating shift Monday to Friday whereas the night shift is working 10pm - 6am 5 nights a week.
You will be working on assignments that are extremely complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative is required in resolving problems and developing recommendations. Acting independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may supervise the activities of other non-exempt employees.
- Establishing productive working relationships with engineering, planning, design teams to maintain customary liaison.
- Ensuring that strong and efficient teamwork culture exists within the production team.
- Implementing project schedules and plans in a timely effective manner.
- Identifying risk mitigation actions and risks.
- Analyse production processes and propose improvements to reduce lead time, reduce cost.
- Assist with CAPA/NCR investigations to improve efficiency of manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the design of fixturing and identifying tooling requirements.
- Check mechanical products using CMM (Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine).
- Working with Cell Leader and group to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Mentoring and developing novice machinist.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will need to have programming knowledge, ideally using Heidenhain and/or Fanuc and Siemens Control and must be able to read and understand technical drawings. Applications from experienced setters who wish to extend their programming skills may also be considered.
Additional company benefits include:
- Company Pension
- Shift Allowance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Child Care vouchers
Rate of Pay: £14.00 - £18.00 per hour depending on experience plus additional shift premium for night shift work. This position is initially on a temporary basis although could be straight perm contract for the right person.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.