Are you looking for a varied Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer position which is varied, interesting, hands on and within a 'world class' environment? Our client is a manufacturer of bearings, bushings and thrust bearings for medium speed diesel engines, turbochargers and a range of other rotating and reciprocating machines. As part of the Production Engineering team, your role will be to provide a high standard of engineering support for the day to day production requirements of our manufacturing operations.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To generate production drawings and manufacturing layouts.
- To design, specify and manage tooling manufacture and procurement.
- To support production to resolve manufacturing issues.
- To support the development of new products, processes and manufacturing techniques.
- To manage improvement and engineering projects within the business on a range of issues.
- Able to write and understand CNC programs - milling / turning.
- To carry out costing and estimating of the manufacturing process flows with operation times and costs to supporting contract reviews when necessary
- To participate in various ad hoc production engineering activities as may arise from time to time.
Profile required for this position:
- Applicants should hold an engineering related qualification at HNC level or equivalent. A lower level qualification that is supported with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience in CAD drawing is required, ideally in 3D solid modelling (CREO / PRO-E) although training will be given.
- Hands on milling and/or turning experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in developing manufacturing and production processes.
- High level of competency in maths and the use of computer applications such as Excel, Word and databases is essential.
- The ability to self-motivate and organise your own workload.
- A track record of working well within a team and in using your own initiative.
- The ability to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills.
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Prudential Group Personal Pension Plan.
- Training and skill development opportunities.
Hours of Work: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 1.20pm Friday. 37.50 hours/week.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.