To Set, Operate and program CNC Mazak Machine Tools to a very high standard. To be able to produce high end components using the Machine Tools to dimensional accurate drawings within scheduled timescales.
Mazak 5 axis
- Fully set and operate multi axis CNC machining centres to a high level.
- Understand and be able to interpret a production schedule.
- Program, set and operate said CNC machines so that the production plan is met.
- Use Renishaw Probing routines to assist with setups.
- Facilitate machine utilisation, set up the said CNC machine tools in order that an optimum duration of unmanned running is achieved.
- Carry out in process inspection of components.
- To hand Deburr and fettle detail components.
- Experience of Cad Cam to assist 5 axis programming skills
- Be able to read and understand CNC Programmes, using the machine interface.
- Ensure high level focus on 5 S's throughout.
- To ensure that production schedules & performance targets are met within the framework of the Quality & Health & Safety Policies.
- To ensure that the you are trained sufficiently to carry out the tasks allocated.
- To support the Design & Technical function by providing information for SOPs and problem solving activities.
- To be responsible for the quality of each product manufactured in the area of your responsibility that is ultimately shipped to the customer and it's conformance to the Quality standards.
- Using the proved techniques, for continuous improvement and seek out opportunities for cost reduction and cost control, initially by concentrating on OTIF & NRFT.
- Advise on such matters that affect the performance within your team which are not under your control.
- Ensure that after inspection the product, it is progressed to the next process in the agreed manner and the systems are updated accordingly.
- Ensure that all associated machines and tooling are kept in good working order at all times.
. Able to CNC machine to high standards.
. Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
. Ability to work efficiently and effectively so that production throughput is maximised (measured by delivery against agreed date on the production schedules)
. Adherence to required quality procedures (measured by non-conformance reports from the Quality Team)
- Good communication skills
. Ability to work to standards and specific instructions. Ability to identify and to question sub-standard process/product
- PC Literate,
- Problem solving techniques and ability to work on own initiative. (Logical and systematic approach)
. Flexibility and willing to learn new skills
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.