If you're an experienced CNC Machinist used to machining component parts and assemblies, but possibly looking to do something new and slightly different. In this role based just outside of Exeter, you'll be operating FarowArm equipment and fabricating stainless steel components which can be up to 2.5 metres long, so this is quite bespoke and not high batch manufacturing.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Perform quality checks including use of measuring equipment on machined parts to ensure compliance with drawing/specification.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Follow detailed work instructions and technical drawings relating to the machining of component parts and large assemblies.
- To be prepared to work outside normal working hours, including weekends sometimes at short notice.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
- Strong engineering back ground
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Excellent literacy & numeracy skills
- Time served engineering apprenticeship
- Knowledge in set up times and jigging
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work with a minimum of supervision and communicate well.
- Overtime available at attractive pay rates
- 23 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Company Pension
Working Hours: 40 hour week - M-T 8-5.15, F 8-1
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.