Are you a graduate in Biomedical Science or Biology & Chemistry? Do you have at least two year's post graduation experience within a clinical, data-driven environment. Then we have a client in Exeter where like-minded people work in a technical environment, analysing information and manipulating databases to create a quality product.
This role demands a commitment to quality, enthusiasm for and recognition of the importance of the data to direct patient care and a desire to ensure that best efforts are made to achieve the highest quality product and level of service to customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to step up the career ladder with the aim of becoming a Team Leader for up to 15 people.
- Conduct your own data research within a Bio-medical Science research environment.
- Conduct bi-annual yearly performance reviews, arranging the integration of feedback from Functional Managers for review with each staff member
- Support Functional Managers to manage resource plans for their team
- Participate in the department leadership team to develop and deliver departmental strategic projects
- Support the recruitment of new staff, including preparing recruitment documentation as well as participating in the interview process if required
- Provide ad hoc administration support to team members, including holiday booking sign-off, drafting purchase order requests, signing off sick leave
- Positive attitude, empathy and a strong team leadership ethic are vital in order to emphasise the importance of the post and create a beneficial and productive work environment throughout the department. A background as a Pharmacy Technician (or similar) will be ideal, combined with supervisory experience.
- An ability to listen and support team members with clear communication and guidance
- Fair and equitable management of staff
- Lead by example and foster an ethos of professionalism and dedication within the team
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm (flexible)
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.