Basic salary to £30,000 plus Car Allowance + Fantastic Bonus & Benefits
Bristol City Centre
Due to expansion Meridian Business Support has an opportunity for a Clinical Lead/Business Development Manager to join our team in Bristol responsible for the development of the South West Region.
Reporting to the Health Operations Director, the Clinical Lead/Business Development Managers purpose is to:-
- To aid the development of all branches in this area following Meridian's stringent recruitment process in line with all relevant legislation, CQC and CSSIW expectations and CCS and other framework directives. Supporting nationally too.
- Business Development this area in line with the sales strategy and budget targets.
- To act ethically and professionally at all times, ensuring the highest possible standards are always achieved.
- To be responsible for leading and developing a culture within the Clinical Division where safety, quality and excellent patient care is consistently delivered in line with national and locally agreed standards.
- To support commissioning at a strategic level with service redesign, ensuring appropriate range of high quality and effective health and social care workers are commissioned for all health service users.
- To assist with Nurse interviews in a timely and professional manner following an equal and fair interviewing process - North West Region.
- To apply knowledge and experience to evaluate the suitability of candidates.
- Audit companies sub-contracting through Meridian to ensure meet compliance standards.
- Work closely with the Senior Teams to shape and implement the corporate objectives for the Health Sector.
- Work with the Director of Operations to identify realistic and achievable financial plans and targets.
- Business development - identifing new wins along with securing long term relationships with current supply.
- Supporting Branch Managers and staff in achieving full compliance for all candidates.
- As required applying knowledge and expertise to aid Meridian in its development of all necessary policies and procedures and documentation relating to clinical delivery.
- Assist the Director and Senior Team in the planning of future service developments and ensure that the resources and facilities for the Clinical Sector meet the needs of the service.
- Undertake random spot checks pre arranged with Clients and only with express permission to ensure that candidates are on site working in a competent and professional manner.
- To provide reports, deliver presentations and lead service, needs, prevalence, demand and market mapping and other data collation and analysis exercises to inform commissioning bodies.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Mobilise the energy and commitment of all staff members in order to deliver operational performance and strategic objectives, meet budget and try to achieve the stretched target.
- Undertake six monthly appraisals with all candidates, identifying training and Office Manager and Team Leaders' needs and evaluating performance.
- Marketing support, Newsletters and recruitment campaigns to attract candidates. Attending exhibitions, job fairs, sales visits and seminars to promote Meridian and aid the recruitment process, whilst actively building the client base.
- Undertake any other duties that might be required from time to time that are in-line with the job role.
- DBS Forum
- Operational Support
To be considered for this role is it essential that you have
- Excellent clinical skills Managerial, leadership experience
- Nursing qualification and current NMC registration (Desirable)
- Strong Clinical experience
- You must be RGN qualified as appropriate and possess excellent leadership qualities.
For further information, please contact Lisa Worthington our Talent Acquisition Partner on 0161 929 3812.