Due to expansion at one of Healthcare clients, Meridian Business Support are looking for a Permanent Clinical Coder to work at their site based in Manchester.
This role is a permanent full time contract working 37.5 hrs p/w over a Monday - Friday rota.
Remuneration £15,000 p/a
Key Requirements of the Post
As a Clinical Coding Assistant, you will be responsible for extracting relevant clinical information from patient records and translating it into nationally used codes. You will record consistent, accurate data to facilitate managers and clinicians in the monitoring, planning and provision of high quality patient care.
- To extract all clinical information from the patient health record, and to translate all medical terminology using ICD-10 (diagnostic codes) and OPCS4 (procedure codes) in accordance with national and local policy.
- To input all outpatient appointments, diagnostic and procedure codes onto the Patient Administration System within agreed timescales.
- To ensure the accuracy and completeness of the clinical coded record which underpins the financial framework.
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology.
- To accurately record all external appointments attended as part of the Post-Operative Scheme.
- To monitor and rectify any delays to incoming post-operative reports through liaison with accredited opticians.
- To assist with the formulation of internal performance and forecasting figures through maintenance of the Salesforce Database.
- To advise the Healthcare Data Analyst of any incorrectly recorded data and investigate appropriate remedial action.
- To communicate effectively with clinicians and administration colleagues as required.
- Basic understanding of Clinical Coding.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn new ICT systems
- Experience in a data entry role
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working in Healthcare
- Understanding of our PAS System Maxims, Salesforce or Medisoft.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Coder to join this leading, fast-paced clinic.
A DBS is required for this role of which we can assist in the application stage.
For more information or to apply for the role, please contact Meridian on 01924 205010 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.