We are recruiting for a Cleaning Supervisor to oversee a team of cleaners within a busy train station.
Previous supervisory experience is an advantage but not essential as our client will consider candidates who have extensive cleaning experience.
The main duties of the role-
- To clean all specified areas within the time allocated and to the required standard
- Work alone when required
- Operate floor cleaning machines on a daily basis
- Follow company procedures in line with contract requirements
- Supervise the work results from all cleaning operatives on your station
- To be responsible for the ordering of cleaning materials
- To undertake on-site training with cleaning staff where necessary
- Flexibility to work outside of your normal working hours if required
- To ensure all work is carried out to the highest possible standard
- Cleaning of public toilets
- Responsible for completing all relevant records associated with work and relating to the following information:
- Time sheets
- Holiday Forms
- Training Record Cards
- Chemical & product ordering
- Out of hours support, escalating issues where necessary
- Carry out audits in line with company auditing procedures
- Prioritise workload, ascertain priorities in an emergency and supervise your teams work accordingly
- Regular liaison and contact with your line manager where necessary
- Ensure storage facilities (Cleaning Cupboards/Rooms)are maintained to the company standards
The skills required-
- Previous experience in a similar working role- Desirable
- Use of floor cleaning machines
- Must be conversant with Health & Safety requirements and would have to attend relevant training courses
- Excellent customer service skills
The working week is any 5 shifts out of 7, over various shifts.
This vacancy is initially temporary, but would become permanent after a successful interim period.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.