Civil Engineer - London Underground - Central London
Our client, London's Public Transportation provider, are looking for multiple experienced Civil Engineer to join them on a contract basis working on the 4 Lines Modernisation (4LM) programme.
The Four Lines Modernisation project is a £5.4bn Tube modernisation plan across some of the oldest lines - the Circle, Metropolitan, District and Hammersmith & City lines is set to profoundly shape London for the future. The largest such investment for decades, an ambitious agenda to upgrade 40 per cent of the Tube network will create space for tens of thousands of extra passengers each hour. With the introduction of 191 modern air-conditioned walk through trains.
Current signalling equipment is around 40 years old and beyond useful life so new signalling equipment and power infrastructure is required on trains and at stations. This involves building new signalling equipment rooms, installing new cable route management systems and power supplies between stations, as well as all-new signalling equipment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and construction of the 51 SERs (Signalling Equipment Rooms) to a high standard and to tight deadlines to allow the Signalling equipment and power teams to come in and fit out the rooms ready for service.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Member of ICE or IstructE
- Degree holder
- Minimum of 3 years design experience
- Capable of designing to Euro Codes
- Able to design sub & super structures
- Experience in new build and refurbishment works design
- Able to work with little supervision
- Able to prepare technical brief
- Able to prepare feasibility reports
- Able to interpret soil and ground investigation
- Prepare concept, design, calculations, risk assessment, etc...
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in Public Transportation, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the LU network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.