Due to London's ever growing population, which is expected to hit 10 Million by 2030, there is a requirement to invest in the increase of services and the transport infrastructure to meet the increasing demand. To support the network upgrades, London Underground's Power and Cooling Upgrades (PCU) are carrying out a major programme of upgrade works to existing PCU in order to provide more capacity.
Our client is looking for a Civil Engineer who is able to provide specialist, technical knowledge and delivery support for several exciting PCU projects. Project work includes the upgrade of existing substations and tunnel ventilation systems at various locations across the network.
- Inspection and assessment of existing structures
- Regular attendance at design meetings and ad-hoc meetings as required
- Working collaboratively with other disciplines to ensure co-ordination
- Preparation of calculations and schedules as required
- Preparation of design drawings utilising PCU's in-house CAD team
- Preparation of assurance submissions for approval
- Ensuring all design deliverables comply with the Technical Requirements and LU Standards
- Reviewing Contractor documents including tenders, programmes, progress reports and methods of work
- Provision of engineering support during construction and handover
- Ensuring hazards are identified and mitigated to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) throughout the project lifecycle
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Chartered Engineer Status or working towards Chartered Status with Professional Engineering body
- Ability to design to Euro-codes with experience in assessing existing structures
- Relevant post professional qualification experience in relevant engineering discipline, including working within large multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to influence people at appropriate levels across the organisation and outside
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, and produce solutions and decisions
- Experience of quality and assurance engineering management
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.