Children's Support Worker - Residential
Salary: £16,600 to £19,600 per annum INCLUDING sleep allowance
Join an organisation that at its very heart has a genuine commitment to making a real difference for young lives in a comfortable, homely environment where, with the right care and dedicated support, every child and young person can fulfil their potential.
Working as part of a close-knit team within one of our small group residential homes, you will assist in the everyday and personal care, education and support of young people.
- We are looking for motivated and committed individuals, with a calm approach.
- You must be able to work as a team member, on your own initiative and to high standards.
- You must be a positive role model to the children and young people
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- You will need to be able to react calmly in stressful situations
Children's Support Worker - Residential will:
- Hold NVQ Level 3 Caring for Children and Young People, or:
- Hold QCF Level 3 Children and Young People's workforce
- Have experience working with children and young people (10-16 years old) in small group residential settings.
- Be prepared to work shifts (including sleepovers) on a rota basis.
- Be highly motivated to develop and maintain relationships with young people and their families and engage with local agencies and community.
- Be involved in the continuing development of the homes standards and provisions of services.
- Carry out direct work with the residents including key-working and generally taking an active part in their daily lives.
- Must hold a full clean driving license (UK or acceptable in UK)
- Must be over the age of 23 (Employer has claimed an exemption under the Equality Act 2010)
- Be required to provide an enhanced disclosure and satisfactory references. Disclosure expense will be met by employer.
Suitable applicants for Children's Support Worker - Residential might include:
Children's Home Support Worker, Residential Childcare Worker, Young Person's Support Worker, Childcare Practitioner, Child Care Practitioner, EBD or EBSD Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Children's Support Worker, Youth Worker, Family Support Worker, Residential Children's Officer, QCF Diploma Children and Young People's Workforce, NVQ3 CCYP
Apply now! Call Gus on 01782 209091 to discuss.
Meridian Health is acting as a recruitment agency for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.