If you are looking for the next step in your catering career then we have the perfect opportunity. We are looking for a Chef Shift Leader to work within a local school as part of their catering team.
Your main responsibilities will be to lead the kitchen team whilst on duty covering breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as additional events for internal and external requirements. Serving up to 1200 covers per day across breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of matters concerning there jobs/tasks and managed effectively to ensure their correct performance and standards
- To prepare and produce a diverse range of quality food efficiently, cost effectively and to recognised methods and standards of taste, appearance and cost.
- To ensure that you and the team with in your remit follow all Catering HACCP systems, policies and compliance/legislative requirements.
- To ensure that the kitchen and service areas are hygienic and clean, ensuring that all cleaning tasks are carried out in observance to the cleaning rota allocation system in conjunction with COSHH standards.
- To ensure a safe working environment by applying the principles of safe system and safe plant. Report equipment faults/failure (or that which has potential to cause fault) or bad practice and manage the problems according to school policy.
Previous catering supervisory experience required for this role along with NVQ or equivalent qualifications. Must have experience in catering to high volumes.
Working 40 hours per week and overtime is regularly available, shift times vary between 7am - 8pm but no split shifts.
Rate of Pay; £8.63 per hour
This is a temporary position which could become permanent for the right person.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.