Meridian Health are currently recruiting for experienced catering assistants to work within the health care environment, in Hereford.
Skills and Experience
- To hold or be prepared to acquire the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- To have a basic knowledge of Health & Safety policies/procedures, i.e.COSHH, Manual Handling, etc.
- To be able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- To have good communication skills
- It would be desirable to have previous experience of working in a Catering or Retail environment
- To be customer/patient focused
- To be numerate and literate
- To be physically fit
- Proud about appearance, presents professional image
- Desirable to have previous knowledge and experience of handling cash
- To provide patients, staff and visitors with an efficient and timely food and beverage service in a polite and courteous manner in order to achieve high standard of service customers would expect
- To wash up cutlery, crockery, utensils, equipment and containers, ensuring a clean and safe food and beverage service is available at all times
- To undertake general cleaning duties within catering department and associated areas, following safe systems of work and achieving agreed standards
- To be responsible for Ward based catering services, the regeneration process. Preparation for service, portioning and presentation of meals, checking for Special Diets and liaising with nursing staff to ensure high standards are achieved consistently
- assist in the setting up and clearing down of central plating area .The dishing up of patients meals, ensuring the portioning and presentation are in line with departmental standards, ie meals for special diets are correct according to menu cards or instructions from diet cook or Head Chef
- To be responsible for basic food preparation as directed by Production Supervisor
- To operate cash register in the dining room and take cash during sandwich round, ensuring that agreed procedures are followed
This position is subject to a DBS check.
This position will be 25 hours per week- shifts apply.
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or you could alternatively call into the office on 01242 246022
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.