This newly created position will require you to identify, develop and maximise the growth of our client's mattress and bedding sales. You will very much work in a collaborative manner, working with the client to identify market trends, develop new products accordingly and actively sell these products.
- To identify, develop and maximise the growth of roll up mattresses and associated bedding products.
- To support both the Independent and National sales teams in specific growth of the roll up mattress sector and associated bedding items
- To actively monitor market trends within the 'Roll Up' mattress sector and all associated bedding sectors (pillows, duvets, mattress toppers, mattress protectors)
- To attend exhibitions with a view to sourcing new ideas and products.
- Work closely with development functions of the business to successfully develop the category.
- To work alongside marketing functions to develop and introduce relevant marketing material and POS for the category.
- Assist implementation of new product development launches within the factory and customers environments.
- Identify and maximise any new potential; accounts or revenue streams within the category via the use of personal selling skills.
- Relevant experience in a similar or comparable sector.
- Demonstrable experience of success in dealing with national and independent accounts.
- Experience of and demonstrable ability to liaise between the customer and the production development and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrable experience of complex project management to achieve the desired outcomes on time and on budget.
- Successful, experience of working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrable success in both developing established accounts and new accounts (i.e. from a standing start).
- The role will involve long distance travel within the UK, and occasionally staying away from home. This also requires flexibility in terms of the hours worked.
- There will be a less frequent requirement for travel abroad.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to a wide variety of recipients, including ability to co-ordinate a range of activities and personalities.
- Company Car
- Contributory Pension, Life Assurance and Private Medical
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.