Meridian Health are currently recruiting for a carer/ companion to work for a private family, providing support to an ill 20 year old male in the W1K area of London.
We are looking for a positive, compassionate, diligent and responsible carer with great organisational and management skills.
The job description will be roughly as follows:
- Organisation and management of Patient's Day
- Management of Meds & Supplements
- Coordination of Specialists' and Doctors' visits
- Keep Specialists and Doctors informed of Patients Situation
- Liaise with visiting Nurse
- Prepare meals (only need heating)
- Sit with Patient as and when required - keep him company / read / listen to music etc / give emotional support
- Run health care related errands
- Potentially live in or live out (to be agreed) The role may require other input but this should cover the job description in general.
The ideal candidate would need to be comfortable around pets as the family has 2 cats and be a none smoker. You will have a cheerful disposition, be positive, caring and have a sense of humour.
This position is a full time role, however, we will require the individual to be extremely flexible as the hours are yet to be agreed.
The patient is wonderful, extremely bright, a highly talented musician, kind and charming. He is, however, going through an enormously difficult time and needs someone who will care, be happy to chat, and be focused on keeping his days running smoothly and help to make life easier for him on his road to recovery.
The priority/focus of this role is to act as a companion for the patient, rather than providing actual care- no personal care will be required.
To apply for this position please call Hannah on 01242 246022 or email your CV, along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.