CAD Technician's - Highways & Infrastructure Design - Sevenoaks, Kent
My client, a leading engineering services contractor is developing their own consultancy business to work across London on local authority, county council, London Borough and TfL schemes relating to Highways, Transportation and Public Realm design. With a fantastic reputation, this client holds a number of major contracts across London and has the demands to continue developing a specialist design team in their office in Sevenoaks.
I will consider candidates with all levels of experience as long as you hold the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Working towards HNC/HND, Foundation degree, degree or diploma qualified (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline.
- A strong user of AutoCAD (Any experience of 3D Design would be beneficial).
- Can demonstrate experience of conducting design on Highways, Infrastructure and Public Realm projects.
- Preparing technical designs, drawings, documents specifications and other Works Information for the Operations teams. Basic understanding of Highway Policy and Technical Awareness is key.
- Holds a strong understanding of highways and infrastructure design code and practices: Traffic Management Act, DMRB, New Roads and Streetworks Act and Road Works code of Practice.
- Depending on experience, undertake designer Risk Assessments and prepare pre-construction information in accordance with the CDM Regulations for construction works
- A good understanding of relevant health & safety legislation and codes of practice is required to ensure that safety is a primary consideration for all works
- Capable of applying a range of technical skills in a prescribed manner
- Relevant CSCS card for the grade.
- Good communication skills (written & oral) required as the post holder will be required to liaise with all stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical reports and attention to detail
- Familiarity with general office IT software
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in UK's Transportation and Highways Consultancy market, working on the some of the most renowned UK projects, where career progression and development are the companies priority.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact John Tittley on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.