Consultancy Services Division
My client is a leading engineering services contractor who is expanding its offering in the South East and London. My client is developing a consultancy and design arm to their reputable business and is looking to build on a large number of key contracts by offering technical consulting services. As part of this expansion, and due to successful project wins and client demand, I am now tasked with finding a number CAD Technician's that can join developing, fun, friendly, technical and ambitious team.
The CAD department, focused on Highways & Urban Ream Design, provides a range of technical services, primarily company standards and design outputs which support various technical disciplines in delivering an end to end professional service to clients. The primary purpose of these CAD Technician's is to support the business in the preparation of design documents by proactively working to company CAD standards, working to set deadlines, prioritising workload and understanding project budgetary constraints.
Other key aspects of the role include continual self-development and the ability to work across a multitude of disciplines across the business. Working to ensure company standards are implemented across all departments and client specific standards are delivered precisely to maximise efficiency, while ensuring client's project briefs and requirements are met in the manner befitting the overall business.
- Production of CAD deliverables to assist in the delivery of wall to wall highway, urban realm and transportation services through a range of technical disciplines for varied projects and clients.
- Pro-active and able to work accurately under pressure.
- An understanding of the DMRB, TSRGD, Manual for Streets and national guidance to ensure all designs and deviations meet best practice, appropriate, regulations and company policies.
- Assist in developing our BIM capability.
- The ability to work from sketches, surveys and information supplied by engineers.
- Administrative duties within the project working environment.
- Understand the financial management and control of projects from estimation to completion.
- To undertake other duties and ad-hoc projects as required by the business.
- To act in accordance with the company's health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and practices.
- To act in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with reference to our Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices.
- To behave in a manner that supports the company's stated Vision and Values and ensure other team members do like-wise.
- Will have a City and Guilds qualification in AutoCAD (Level 2) 2D and 3D. Ideally will also have a HNC in Civil Engineering and/or A-Level in Mathematics.
- Will have 1-5+ years experience of drawing production for highway engineering and urban design projects within a consultancy environment.
- Ideally will be familiar with local government and private sector clients.
- NRSWA Certification / First Aid / CSCS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills at all levels.
- High business ethics - honesty, respect for the individual, culturally unbiased.
- Strong communication skills
- Health and Safety conscious
- Understanding of budgets and effective time management
- Demonstrable ability to work in a busy environment
- Experience of working under pressure
- Strong concern for order and quality
- Robust attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Although being an experienced CAD Technician would be beneficial, these roles and opportunities would also suit ambitious and motivated junior engineers and technicians who are looking to build on their current CAD experience and are eager to learn and develop skills within highways and public realm design.
This an outstanding opportunity to join a growing reputable business in the South East and become a part of a growing technical consultancy and design business that prioritise a healthy work life balance.
For a confidential discussion please contact John Tittley on 0161 929 3804 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.