CAD Modeller - London Underground - London
Our client, London's major transport provider, is looking for an experienced CAD Modeller with experience using London Underground CAD applications to join them on a 6 month contract in Central London.
The purpose of this role is to provide Computer Aided Design (CAD) support to London Underground (LU) Asset groups, departments and/or projects. Creating, developing and maintaining 2D and/or 3D CAD models to enable analysis and visualisation of design to LU requirements.
The role will involve either a) providing discipline specific support in an integrated team environment or b) multi-discipline support in an integrated team environment, depending on resource requirement.
As part of an LU asset group, engineering department or project team, the successful candidate will produce or amend and maintain CAD model data using the LU CAD system, ensuring CAD models are produced in compliance with LU CAD standards and industry standard BIM procedures. You will ensure the requirements for the production of CAD data and deliverables are clearly defined and agreed prior to commencement ensuring that activities within areas of expertise are undertaken against defined requirements. The selected candidate will also provide technical advice and support to the assigned team within the area of expertise as well as uploading, organising, editing and maintaining CAD data within LU's defined CAD content management system.
Each CAD Modeller will be directly responsible for the quality, accuracy and structure of the CAD data they produce or edit, you will give feedback and lessons learned from the use of LU standards, methodology and procedures for the production and coordination of CAD data, you will be required to use your own initiative and good judgment when responding to emerging situations, deciding and agreeing appropriate actions with Engineers. You will be responsible for validating the quality of CAD data produced by others against the LU and industry standards, deciding when it is necessary to contact senior LU Management/Engineers regarding the discovery of urgent or serious issues.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of CAD Modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of BIM processes for successful Integrated Project Delivery
- Knowledge of relevant British and ISO industry standards, i.e. BS1192:2007 etc
- National Qualifications and/or diploma related to area of expertise/discipline
- Advanced knowledge of LU's core CAD applications and content management systems, currently Bentley Micro Systems MicroStation and ProjectWise applications
- Working knowledge of relevant discipline specific design and analysis applications
- Knowledge of CAD data exchange protocols
- Knowledge of IT and network infrastructure principles
- Knowledge of LU's business, obligations and priorities
- Understanding of laser scanning and point cloud technologies and interfaces with other Bentley applications desirable
- Ability to define/propose CAD modelling solutions from defined requirements
- Ability to identify the need for change, initiate and implement change
- Ability to define, analyze and prioritize activities aligned to requirements
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing and build effective working relationships with people at all levels across the organisation and externally
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports using appropriate technologies and tools and make recommendations appropriately
- Experience of managing/prioritising time effectively to meet project deadlines
- Experience of providing technical support for the production, coordination and exchange of engineering design data
- Experience of auditing external suppliers for compliance against contractual obligations
- Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis
- Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment
- Experience of rail infrastructure projects desirable
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in London's transportation market, working on the some of the most renowned projects on the London Underground Network.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.