CAD Modeller - Transport and Infrastructure - Central London
Our client, London's major public transport and infrastructure provider, is looking for a CAD Modeller to join the organisation on a 6 month contract. The successful candidate will be based at Westferry Circus, near Canary Wharf, but the role will involve travelling to various sites within the network.
I am looking for someone with experience of working on projects within the London Underground network with strong knowledge of LU's core Computer Aided Design applications and Engineering content management systems, Bentley Microstation and ProjectWise.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the integration of Computer Aided Design (CAD) models in a collaborative environment to Engineering departments and ensure there is a consistent approach to CAD production and CAD issues across the project/programme to which the incumbent is assigned.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of BIM procedures and CAD modelling techniques.
- Working knowledge of Engineering RC Detailing processes for successful Integrated Project Delivery and Building Information Modelling.
- National Qualifications and/or diploma related to M&E Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architectural or Construction disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of LU's core Computer Aided Design applications and engineering content management systems, Bentley MicroStation and ProjectWise respectively.
- Knowledge of London Underground's business, it's obligations and priorities
- Experience of managing/prioritise time effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Experience of providing technical support for the production, coordination and exchange of engineering design data.
- Experience of auditing external suppliers for compliance against contractual obligations.
- Experience in carrying out technical document review and analysis.
- Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment.
- Experience of working in underground railways desirable.
- Full Driving Licence
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very creative and forward thinking team on a contract basis, working as a CAD Modeller on vital infrastructure upgrade projects within London Underground.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.