Do you consider yourself a CAD/CAE Super User? Do you possess knowledge and experience of working with CreoED (Creo Elements Direct) or other similar software systems such as CoCreate or Work Manager? Would you be interested in utilising your niche skill set in in a role where you are responsible for training and support?
If so, our client are seeking a CAD/CAE Administrator to join them on a full time permanent basis to provide support and administration of the group CAD 3D and 2D drawing systems and associated applications, Data Management systems and PLM Project planning application. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering company based in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- To provide help and advice to support CAD (Computer Aided Design) users, predominantly Creo Elements Direct, also other CAD systems - in UK and occasionally at other overseas design sites.
- To train and support new users in the use of these tools for 3D, 2D CAD and drawing version management (PDM) application use.
- Administration duties to ensure the systems run reliably, monitoring, problem solving, server data backups, user security permissions.
- Proactively identify improvements and apply change management.
- Assist IT dept with application installs, software and hardware upgrades.
- Upkeep maintenance contracts and liaise with vendors for technical support.
- Assist with CAD PDM application users issues day to day, file conversions, problem solving, tracking.
- Create and maintain common templates, configuration set-up and methodology across the global business.
- Maintain and improve CAD related user-guides and training material, SharePoint web help pages.
- Assist with the support and administration of Product Portfolio management (PPM) applications and reporting.
- Contribute with investigating strategic improvements to applications particularly regarding interfacing with PLM and other business areas.
- Prepare CAD models and carry out 3D printing and advice on rapid prototype manufacturing options.
- Design reviews and internal auditing of CAD output, providing additional resource to projects for CAD related work shortages, general support to the CAE manager (minutes, presentations & usergroup communications).
- Experience of drafting and 'Direct' 3D modelling using Creo Elements Direct -version 17 or newer.
- Exposure to PTC Model Manager PDM drawing version management.
- BOM management and data version control.
- Experience of 3D modelling using a parametric history based CAD application
- Experience of related applications; ECAD, CAM & M/F inspection
- ONC or higher in a Drafting, CAD Design or Mechanical Engineering discipline
- BS 8888 / ISO128 Technical product documentation and specification.
- MS Excel basics
- Training and mentoring.
- Problem solving.
- Clear communication & documentation.
- Basic IT Skills (software installation and configuration).
- Disciplined approach to following procedures and data housekeeping
If you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience for this role then please apply online with your CV today or email your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.