Can you buy materials?
Can you ensure those materials are in on time to meet customer requirements?
If so, we'd like to have a chat with you.
We are working with a client that is looking for a Buyer / Planner that is experienced in procuring parts, ideally within and Engineering environment and can then plan the supply of them to the company's inventory in line with the production schedule. This role is based in Crewkerne in Somerset.
The main duties of the role are:
- Ensure that any health and safety guidelines are followed in accordance with the EHS organisational arrangements roles and responsibilities, including maintaining (and improving were possible) 5S standards and ensuring the correct PPE is worn.
- Daily communication with external suppliers, driving improved material availability
- Maintain the inhouse system's (JDE) item data integrity
- Action MRP and purchase orders in JDE
- Manage open purchase order book with designated suppliers
- Maintain the existing supplier agreements
- Support the PFEP process, reviewing and amending kanban & consignment quantities in line with business need
- Issuing of internal work orders
- Work with key stakeholders in the value streams to ensure material availability
- Update and issue excel reports to maintain strong communication in the team
- Plan for Kits and Assemblies
- Capacity planning
- Timely resolve to invoice queries
Skills and Experience
- Experience of buying materials is essential
- Experience of planning or supply chain is advantageous
- Computer literate, with the ability to manipulate data in Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of JDE is advantageous
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.