Do you have a minimum of 3 years experience in buying and purchasing within a commercial organisation? Do you possess strong negotiating skills with the ability to search for the best deals?
An exciting Buyer opportunity as arisen at a growing and highly successful international distributor/wholesaler in Croydon. You will be responsible for managing existing supplier relationships, identifying new suppliers and improving/maintaining margins. You will work alongside the Commercial Director, COO, Sales Team and Head of Business Development.
You will need a minimum of 3 years experience buying and purchasing in a similar role, with a proven track record negotiating and building strong relationships internally and externally. You will also have experience managing stock levels and liaising with suppliers.
Responsibilities as a Buyer:
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers to ensure that value for money and excellent service levels are maintained and optimised
- Negotiate prices for new products and try to improve existing prices, maintain and improve margins product by product and overall
- Working with the wider team to strategically source products and suppliers from UK and overseas markets
- Agreeing terms and conditions of business with new suppliers
- Ensuring that product cost targets are achieved and inventory levels are managed to support customer requirements, whilst preventing the accumulation of excess stock
- Use initiative and experience to suggest order quantities based on sales and lead times
- Identify problem stock lines to clear and work with the wider team to raise and solve these issues
- Manage and plan order logistics with the with the Warehouse Manager and Management Team
- Expedite incoming deliveries to ensure that lead-times are met and continuity of supply is maintained
- Liaise with logistics companies to make sure all relevant documentation for clearing and delivering goods has been sent
- Managing stock levels using Stock Management System; updating accurately and in the correct format as new stock is purchased and delivered
- Raising and sending purchase orders on a daily basis in a timely manner
- Chasing relevant paperwork needed for book keeping / accounts, e.g. invoices
- Notifying the Purchasing Team and Sales Team of incoming and newly arrived products
- Regularly updating and maintaining the supplier database
- Creating presentation, datasheets and other sales materials as directed by the Commercial Director or the COO
- Ability to travel globally to visit suppliers, as required
- Providing cover for other members of the purchasing team on an ad hoc basis or as required
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.