£30,000 to £35,000 (dependent upon experience)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Buyer to join our market leading, innovative client at a time of exciting growth. The main purpose of the Buyer's role is to support the Purchasing Manager in developing and delivering profit improvements whilst building strong and effective working partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Add value to the innovation process sharing supplier expertise to inform Innovation/Marketing decisions.
- Plan, develop and buy materials, products, supplies and equipment within remit in a timely and cost effective way in line with appropriate quality standards and specification.
- Manage relationships with suppliers to improve supplier performance against internal criteria and set improvement targets to current supplier service levels.
- Lead quarterly cross functional supplier review meetings with core suppliers.
- Purchase from new and existing suppliers by placing orders and negotiating supply contracts/SLA's for indirect production & supply chain spend.
- Manage, monitor and report on purchasing budgets within remit as required.
- Review and challenge current operational purchasing processes.The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years proven purchasing/buying/procurement experience, be commercially astute with strong analytical skills and be highly organised with a good understanding of the principles involved in planning and procurement.
In return, the Buyer will receive a basic salary of up to £35,000, free parking and 25 days holiday per annum plus statutory.
To apply for this position, please call Bonnie Evans on 01432 261444 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.