I have an excellent opportunity for a Business Development Team Leader to work with a professional team within a growing business in Yeovil
My client is sole distributor of branded hand tools, power tools, fixings and adhesives to retailers, wholesalers and merchants throughout Europe. Based in Yeovil, my client operates from a purpose-built distribution centre. Since 1999, their philosophy of supplying the market with over 5,000 tools has earned my client an unrivalled industry reputation.
The principal function of the role is to manage, support and coach a team of Business Development representatives who work to improve an organisation's market position and achieve financial growth. This person builds key customer relationships with internal and external customers ensuring a daily business development operation. The role will support the team to identify business opportunities, negotiation and to help close business deals. The role also requires an extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Managing a team of Business Development Representatives who are working towards individual, departmental and business targets and objectives.
- To identify coaching and learning interventions required by your team of BD's
- To conduct monthly 1-2-1's, appraisals and performance reviews all in line with the company procedures
- Presenting products, offers and services to customers through excellent communication and listening skills
- Executing excellence through setting team call objectives when working through call cycles with the aim to develop your existing customers and customer retention
- To translate, diagnose and action all escalated customer requests in order to achieve total customer satisfaction
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions.
- Track and record your team's daily, weekly and monthly activity.
- To ensure effective peer relationships, working closely with other departments on daily adhoc issues through to project management
- To offer top class customer service to all of our internal and external customers.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that it will continually enhance the company's performance.
Key personal requirements:
- People management: The ability to train, developing and motivate employees to perform their best, showing self confidence in own skills, abilities and capability and a positive attitude
- Managing Oneself: The ability to achieve performance through personal organisation, showing self confidence in own skills, abilities and capability and a positive attitude
- Achievement Drive: The drive, focus and tenacity to achieve quality performance and to achieve targets, objectives and goals to the highest standard.
- Communication: The ability to receive, understand and convey information. Understand-Adapt-Communicate.
- Customer focus: irrespective of sector, a strong customer focus and an understanding of customer needs plays an important part in winning business.
- Building effective relationships: the ability to instigate and maintain strong, productive relationships with a whole network of connections is essential.
- Tenacity: the ability to overcome rejection and the determination to tackle obstacles head-on.
- Flexibility and innovation: flexible approach and are prepared to adapt and innovate.
- Goal-driven and realistic: forecast realistic targets and will thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Business Acumen: a keenness and speed in understanding and deciding on a business situation.
If you feel you have the right attributes for this role then please apply immediately.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.