Are you a confident and successful business development manager with excellent presentation skills, looking to work for a highly successful organisation in North Devon? Are you looking for an opportunity that will offer career advancement? Then please have a look at this fabulous post!
About the organisation... The company is experiencing high growth at present and has been successful to date in organic expansion. They receive a high level of incoming new business from existing and first time customers but are looking to expand on proactively generating new business with this role. They're a very close team with a low staff turnover and enjoy a collaborative working environment that ensures the business achieves its goals. They offer a bespoke service to each customer and very much place the needs and objectives of the client at front of mind in all they do. As such they have a very strong reputation with both leading research agencies as well as direct clients. Their client base is diverse and includes major retail banks, financial services companies, utilities companies, councils, television broadcasters as well as well-known high street retailers; essentially any business that is looking to audit its customer journey/experience.
- Respond to quotation requests
- Contact lapsed Clients
- Be proactive in finding new business via a number of channels including networking and cold calling.
- Research and build relationships with new clients and cold call where appropriate.
- Track and record all client activity on the CMS system.
- The role will involve some travel and overnight stays within the UK and occasionally further afield and you should expect to be away for up to six nights each month on average over the year. The BDM must be hold a valid driving licence and ideally have access to a car which can be used for business travel .
- Attend industry functions such as conferences
What they're looking for...
- Proven success in a B2B sale role
- Solution sales experience - i.e., you're able to interpret the specific needs of each client and provide an appropriate quote and solution
- Exceptional face to face and phone based communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to key decision makers of both SME and blue chip businesses
- Strategic approach to targeting new accounts
- Ability to put together new business quotations
- A genuine team player - success in the role will only be possible by working closely with the existing team to utilise their expertise in delivering for the client
- A sense of humour is a must - they're a genuinely lovely team and wish to maintain this harmony
- Willingness to travel, the role will require you to be away on a reasonably regular basis
What's on offer:
A base salary of £30,000 with genuine career potential in a successful business that has a history of promoting from within.
- Career advancement
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Free parking
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons or call Mags Rendle today on 01392 423301
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.