If you're excellent at managing key accounts, able to develop business and seek out new opportunities whilst effectively progressing orders already in the pipeline, then this could be a superb opportunity for you.
Ideally, you will have pre-existing relationships within the automotive sector, but if not, then you will demonstrate a superb ability to source new business within an engineering environment.
Your role will be to discuss existing and potential future orders, work with the customers and internal teams to ensure that delivery of the completed products are executed and despatched in a timely manner and keep things 'running smoothly'. You will be a Sales Hunter with the drive to succeed.
- The post holder is required to carry out effective management of customer accounts and take the company forward in an OEM environment
- You will be required to spend 2 days per week in Exeter but 3 days out visiting OEM Automotive manufacturers throughout the UK.
- Carry out strategic formulation for future business development.
- Maximise the opportunity, turnover and profitability of existing and new accounts.
- Assist in budget development and maintenance.
- Complete enquiry / quotation through the CRM system.
- This position will require travel.
- Be able to prepare and generate reports using Microsoft Word and Excel
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in a similar role within a manufacturing company
- Good level education in Math's and English.
- Work on own and as part of a small team.
- Always working towards scoring above and beyond customer expectations internally and externally.
- Excellent standards of communication, initiative and relations with all other departments are achieved.
- Experience of managing customer accounts in an automotive environment or knowledge of Fluid Transfer systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Conversant with ISO9001 and TS16949
- APQP experience including FMEA, PPAP, Control Plans, etc.
- Strong continuous improvement background with lean manufacturing experience.
- Be professional internally and externally
- Have a keen attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
Working Hours: 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Thursday / 8.00am - 1.00pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.