Exciting new opportunity for a Business Development Consultant to join an established yet growing business.
You will have experience of identifying prospective new business and the ability to build relationships.
Don't miss out - apply now!
- Follow the customer call list programme contacting both existing and prospective new customers and maintain the customer database with information gained through calls including type of business, spend patterns etc to keep records complete and up to date.
- Handle initial calls for smaller customers who don't warrant a Sales Executive visit escalating any greater issues to the Outbound Call Supervisor.
- Help to grow and develop new business and increase existing accounts through both regular contact and follow up of promotions and supporting marketing activity, and also by pursuing fading accounts.
- Research required information to enable effective calls to be made to both new and prospective business opportunities.
- Extensive experience of working in a telephone sales environment and handling outbound calls, ideally to both known and new contacts.
- Hands on experience of working with call centre systems, numerical data and metrics.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Customer Service principles and practices.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft programmes.
- Able to read and interpret detailed numerical data and maintain both numerical and written reports and databases.
- Ability to build lasting customer relationships.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in a B2B sales environment would be beneficial
- Due to the location, ideally candidates will require their own transport
- Team player
- Ability to form good working relationships
- Good listener and can show patience
- Ability to prioritise / good time management
- Sales driven
- Calm and methodical
- Attention to detail
Flexibility to cover shift patterns as required (occasional late shifts) Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm with an hour break, and one shift a fortnight 11.30am - 8.00pm with an hour break
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.