Are you a graduate or A level equivalent educated person with qualifications in Biomedical Science or Biology & Chemistry? Then we have a client in Exeter where like-minded people work in a technical environment, analysing information and manipulating databases to create a quality product.
This role demands a commitment to quality, enthusiasm for and recognition of the importance of the data to direct patient care and a desire to ensure that best efforts are made to achieve the highest quality product and level of service to customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a science based role. Although guidance will be given, you will be expected to make your own decisions for the majority of the more routine tasks and meet deadlines under pressure. You must be self-motivated, and possess initiative, enthusiasm and drive.
This contract role is for a minimum of 6 Months therefore candidates need to be available immediately.
- Ensure that data entered onto the database is without error and that inconsistencies are identified and resolved.
- Participate in project work as and when required
- Provide support to Customer Services in logging and resolving customer queries
- Liaising with external suppliers and clients.
- This is not a laboratory based position, but very office based working with data.
- HNC / HND or BTEC equivalent or minimum 2:2 degree in a science orientated subject.
- Good communicator - both verbal and written and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Good level of accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Experience within the healthcare/IT sector would be beneficial but nor essential.
- Good team player
- Attention to detail
- Good organiser
- Self motivated
- Prepared to work hours outside of normal office hours as required
Working Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm (flexible)
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.