Data Analysts (Transportation) - London
Our client is a leading consultancy specialising in the analysis of the built environment and how we, as users of the urban realm, move within. They look at large amounts of data coming from a variety of sources, and most notably mobile phone date, and build important insights from that analysis and report this back to their clients using innovative and cutting edge data visualisation.
Following significant successes, this area of work is growing rapidly, and we are looking to hire more team members to help grow this exciting area.
The analysts we are looking for will be responsible for analysing people movements derived from mobile phone data in order to deliver insights to a wide range of UK and International clients within various sectors, in particular Transportation.
As well as working in technical analytics, we are looking for people who can present the results of this analysis and also contribute to continued business development in the introduction of Big Data Analytics to the field of Transport.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- A degree (2.1 or above equivalent) in a relevant subject (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Operational Research, Information Management, Computer Science)
- A strong background and understanding of both the UK and wider Transportation Industry - Transport Planning, Transport Modelling, Transport Economics, Transport Advisory, Transport Research etc.
- Demonstrable experience analysing data, providing insights to clients/projects and recognising the impact of this knowledge on a client's business
- Demonstrable experience in the use of SQL/Postgres to manipulate large data sets, including the use of indexes and spatial queries
- Demonstrable experience using GIS software to interpret and present spatial data visually (for example MapInfo, Arc, QGIs, PostGIS)
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent projects and delivering against challenging deadlines
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to write and deliver engaging presentations
We are looking for people with a strong mathematical mind. It is likely you will have a BSc or MSc in mathematics, physics, computer science or a related degree.
We can only consider applicants who are eligible to live and work in the UK
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.