We are currently representing a client who is looking for a Bid Manager for their Business. They are one of the top contractors in the world with a strong pipeline of work around London and the UK and are looking to recruit a Bid Manager to lead a bidding team with a view to win value-added and other profitable work, using their estimating knowledge and experience, on the best possible terms for the company.
- Within the company strategy, identify, meet and foster relationships with existing, new and potential future clients. Meet these clients and act as a Client Engagement Leader where appointed.
- Assess enquiries sent into the office for suitability for Cementation to price, and decide which contain sufficient opportunities to be tendered for, being mindful at all times of the need for communication with the customer.
- Liaise with designers to come up with workable solutions to potential risks that are economically viable. Lead the search for alternative solutions within the bid team.
- Provide to the approving team an accurate appraisal of the client's requirements, summarising the points and identifying the risks and opportunities with the tender/contract.
- Seek opportunities to increase profitability of tenders.
- Produce detailed estimates from first principles, including pricing of all necessary items and labour considerations for contract execution.
- Ensure that information on the in-house estimating system (Foundation) is both accurate and up to date. Use and contribute to the library of rates for the production of estimates.
- Liaise with other team members to get pertinent information on techniques/production, to be able to produce contract winning estimates.
- Lead tender clearance meetings with the personnel appropriate to the level of contract being tendered, which may involve the Business Stream Director, Pre-construction Manager, and /or a Director.
- Present your view of the tender to both the Area Pre-Construction Team Leader, and also at tender clearance meetings, outlining any concerns risk or key opportunities.
- Ensure that deadlines set by clients for tenders are met.
- Delegate key parts of the tender documentation to relevant personnel across the business/area; such as health and safety, HR, purchasing, commercial, etc.
- Provide clients with thorough explanations of tender estimates and answers to questions regarding potential changes or risks.
- Civil Engineering HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent is desirable
- Experience of producing piling estimates
- Commercial awareness to maximise profitability and cash-flow
- Computer literate - Microsoft packages specifically Excel
- Good project planning skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication skills
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.