Meridian Business Support are currently on the market for a Assistant / Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their key client who are based in West Lothian. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come in to a successful and forward thinking organisation who will give them the opportunity to progress and enhance their existing skill set.
- Degree or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or studying towards a surveying technician
- Highly Competent in MS Excel
- Clear understanding of NEC form of contract (preferable)
- Ideally (but not essential) - an appreciation of the water industry with a Mechanical & Electrical bias.
- Able to interpret scopes of works and drawings in order to identify scope change
- Appreciation of financial cost control (supported).
- Preparation of valuations for payment applications to the client
- Compilation of costs for compensation events and the management of change
- Assist in the compilation of commercial / contractual responses to the client and subcontractors
- Certification of payment applications from subcontractors
- Analysis and interrogation of costs
- Identifying the need to invoice purchase orders to the client
- Preparation of project costs forecasts
- Assistance to estimators with the preparation & presentation of tender submissions
- Assist to amicably resolve disputes with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Updating of project risk registers
- Preparation of subcontract documentation
If you are interested in the above position then if you can send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com or call Ross McEwan on 0141 285 7905 for further details.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.