This highly regarded Chartered Financial Management firm in Exeter is seeking an Assistant Paraplanner for a varied and interesting role. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced individual who wishes to develop their knowledge in financial services.
You will work closely with the IFA and Compliance Manager handling client business from application to completion and assist with the ongoing review work associated with maintaining the long-standing and trusted relationships with their clients.
- To work alongside the Financial Adviser and Compliance Manager to respond to clients' enquiries and requests
- Obtain valuations and policy information from the product providers, challenging any data as necessary
- Preparing and processing review paperwork
- Preparation of other documentation for client meetings and prospects.
- Online submission of new business to providers
- Maintaining client/policy records on back office system, updating client/policy action list and using diary function
- Assisting with the preparation of client reports - these may be in relation to protection, pensions, investments and other associated financial planning requirements
- Ensuring all paperwork is compliant with FCA requirements
- Assist with the preparation of MI.
- Assist with compliance follow-up on client files where necessary.
- You will have gained some relevant financial qualifications, ideally working towards Diploma status.
- A minimum of 2 years' industry experience - ideally with a directly authorised financial adviser.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail together with a high level of literacy and numerical skills are required
- Have the ability to work under pressure and prioritise with good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with individuals at all levels
- Must be IT literate.
- Knowledge of Intelligent Office (IO) and the Funds Network and Aviva platforms is desirable.
- Experience of, or an interest in, Financial Services compliance is desirable.
- Previous experience and/or awareness of MI and its relevance to maintaining appropriate Systems & Controls.
- Knowledge and/or experience of industry analytical systems - such as O&M and Analytics would also be beneficial.
Working Hours: 9.00 - 5.00 Mon - Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.