A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Store Manager to assist the Store Manager in running the flagship home furnishings store of my client based in Leeds. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years experience in a managerial/supervisory role in a busy retail environment.
Day to day duties will include:
- Training store staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials; delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
- Evaluating competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Purchase inventory by researching emerging products; anticipating buyer interest; negotiating volume price breaks; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Attracting customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Promote sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Helping customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery.
- Preparing sales and customer relations reports by analysing and categorising sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Maintaining a safe and clean store environment by developing and publishing evacuation routes; determining and documenting locations of potentially dangerous materials and chemicals.
- Maintaining inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will have to have the following skills/Qualifications:
- Competitor Analysis,
- Management Proficiency
- Customer Service,
- Presentation Skills,
- Analysing Information ,
- Basic Safety,
- Understanding the Customer,
- Verbal Communication
The successful candidate will be required to work 40+ hours per week, 5 days over 7. Flexibility and the ability to work Saturdays and Sundays are essential.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.