Meridian Business Support is actively recruiting for an experienced Assistant Finance Controller on behalf of a leading financial organisation in Cardiff.
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the successful candidate will either be a qualified or a part qualified financial specialist or Bookkeeper
Responsibilities will include:
- Looking at transactional details and review cash/bank reconciliations daily
- Month end accounts
- Account Balancing
- Cash flow statements
- Assisting with VAT returns
- Preparation of monthly management review to include both financial and non-financial data.
- Working with large manual reconciliations on a daily basis
- Facilitating the resolution of reconciliation issues between the Accounting team and business Operations.
- Analysing and managing of the lending portfolio balance sheet accounts and reconciliations.
- Providing general support to the treasury processes
- Work with an over shore team on a daily basis
- Test new systems and automation
- Provide project support were required
- Various ad hoc analysis and reporting.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will be highly proficient in Excel and specifically working with advanced functions like pivot tables, look-ups, macros and goal seek. Experience working with Oracle and building database queries a distinct advantage coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.