Do you have experience of Commercial Van Driving and supervising others coupled with experience within the Windows & Doors industry or a Trade Supplies? Do you have many qualities to offer your employer, such as pro-activity, good IT skills and the ability to provide excellent levels of customer service? Are you seeking a more varied position, working for a large group?
If so, we are seeking a self-motivated candidate to assist our client's Depot Manager in the day to day running of the branch, carrying out a variety of duties and assisting customers with their requirements. You will also hold operational responsibility for the Depot when the Manager is absent.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the windows and doors industry and a full driving licence coupled with time spent driving a van for commercial purposes, alongside a good level of physical health, good I.T and Administration skills and the willingness to turn their hand to any reasonable task required of them, in support of the business.
Please note that all offers of employment made by this client are subject to satisfactory Drugs & Alcohol screening as standard. In addition, a DBS check will be required for this position. Applicants must be willing to undergo these.
Day to day Duties:
- Assist the Depot Manager as reasonably requested
- Serve Customers at the Trade Counter, including cash handling
- Deal with customer enquiries (telephone, face to face, email)
- Provide quotations and process customer orders (using in house computer system?)
- Resolve customer and internal queries
- Check incoming & outgoing goods against delivery/dispatch notes or customer order
- Keep accurate product, order & records
- In conjunction with Depot Manager, supervise Driver/Assistant, ensuring their workload is planned effectively and deliveries are executed efficiently
- Assist with incoming & outgoing goods as required, including loading and unloading vehicles
- Assisting with customer deliveries as required, to include driving 3.5T van
Deputise for the Depot Manager during periods of absence/leave as follows:
Assume operational management in the absence of the Depot Manager including;
- Key holder responsibilities
- Financial Reconciliation and Banking
- Invoicing, query resolution & Credit control
- Managing deliveries in & out of the depot
- Resolving with staffing issues
- Answering calls and dealing with queries
- Reviewing status of orders and delivery schedules
- Reporting to other areas of the business as required.
- Ensuring the depot is in order and H&S standards are adhered to
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within the Windows & Doors industry
- Full, clean driving licence & experience of van driving for commercial purposes
- Excellent communication skills
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy
- Good level of I.T knowledge and accurate data entry skills
- Previous experience in a customer-facing position
- Confidence & ability to make decisions, prioritise tasks and supervise and direct others as required
- Mature and responsible attitude
- Flexible nature
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.