Meridian Business Support is actively looking for an Assistant Buyer for our leading customer in Swansea.
The Assistant Buyer will support the UK purchasing team and will be responsible for processing and expediting purchase orders, sales orders and other commercial documentation within the time frame required and corporate guidelines.
The key functions of the role will include:
- Creating purchase orders from authorised requisitions run outstanding requisition reports in SAP and seek authorisation from the Plant Director. Convert requisitions to purchase orders and send to suppliers via email.
- Expedite orders to ensure stability of supply. Cross-examine SAP to obtain a list of overdue purchase orders and contact suppliers by phone and / or email and advise internal customers of any issues
- Raise unresolved issues to the relevant buyer. Liaise with operations, planning, technical and engineering departments and attend daily line walks to ensure all areas are aware of any potential interruptions to supply
- Resolve invoice queries between vendors and the finance team. Hold regular reviews with the accounts payable team to identify discrepancies between the vendors invoice value and the corresponding purchase order and contact the vendor to understand the discrepancies. Amend purchase orders or arrange for credits to be made to the right values to enable appropriate payment.
- Raise sales orders for revert and miscellaneous sales. Monthly and quarterly checks to take the agreed sales prices for the period and raise sales orders in SAP then advise internal and external customers of the correct numbers. Where discrepancies are identified, raise additional invoices or credit notes.
- Act as point contact for all internal customers with queries regarding supply and service. Manage low value service contracts e.g. mobile phone, stationery and copier contracts. Carry out annual tender for supply of services to reduce cost and / or improve service levels.
- Identify areas of non-value added activity and suggest changes to processes to eliminate waste.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the material requirements planning data base is accurately maintained for stores coded items
- Complete and submit request forms to add and amend vendor details.
- Publish departmental metrics - savings, stock outs, stock accuracy, orders processed, variable cost forecast, delivery performance, material price variance
- Complete and submit none standard terms requests.
- Enforce the PCC code of conduct in all commercial relationships. Understand the code of conduct and how it relates to supplier relationships.
To be considered for this role, you must have an understanding of the basics of commercial transactions and have worked within an engineering/manufacturing environment with the ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks. You must be CIPS qualified or willing to undertake training to complete CIPS certificate in procurement and supply operations. SAP and Microsoft office knowledge is essential.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.