Working within the head office of this global organisation, you will be responsible for managing effective supplier relationships whilst placing orders for goods and services internationally.
- Administration of the end to end purchase process to ensure that the vendor arrears are minimised and delivered on time and inventory targets are realised.
- Ensure the timely execution of purchase orders and maintenance of accurate and up to date purchase and progress records on the ERP system.
- Administration of supply, costing and pricing discrepancies and their correction and on-going resolution.
- Regularly monitoring vendor performance and highlighting supplier performance issues to the wider supply chain team.
- Building relationships at all levels in the supply chain to ensure that the right product is available at the right time in the right place.
- Ensure open orders on our ERP system match that of the suppliers and update with accurate delivery dates as goods are despatched from suppliers.
- Experience in direct procurement and / or commodity management.
- Working knowledge of a busy purchasing department.
- The desire to be successful in a purchasing department and build your career within buying.
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- The ability to plan and organise effectively
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A methodical and structured approach to work.
- IT competence including Microsoft Office applications
- Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
- Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Membership into the company medical insurance plan
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.