We are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on behalf of our prestigious client based in Yeovil.
The purpose of this role is to ensure financial control over contracts and the reporting of the results with regards to those contracts.
Duties will include:
- Financial responsibility of various contracts including the month end accountabilities associated with them
- Providing financial advice and reports to the business as appropriate for those contracts
- Reviewing performance of contracts in terms of profitability, cash and balance sheet elements and working with the relevant business areas to address any issues as appropriate
- Ensuring correct use of the SAP system in terms of contract set up
- Responsible for the forecast / budget setting in relation to the contracts responsible for
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Part Qualified Accountant - AAT/CIMA/ACCA or Similar
- Good mathematical / analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Clear communicator
- Ability to influence others
- Demonstrable IT knowledge - Microsoft Excel, ERP (preferably SAP)
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.