Fantastic temporary to permanent opportunity with an established business based on the Heathfield Estate, Newton Abbot.
- Prepare work by studying assembly instructions and parts lists; gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Help maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies with line manager; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Experience of working with wood and metal products would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given
- Excellent practical and problem solving skills
- Ability to gain good technical level of product knowledge
- A reliable and punctual approach to work
- The ability to work unsupervised and prioritise
- Basic IT and administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- To be quality focused - A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges
- Possess a strong safety mindset to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards.
- To positively approach change or new situations.
- To proactively identify areas for improvement and share them with colleagues and line manager.
Associated Benefits (Once Permanent)
- Salary increases to £7.76 per hour
- Bonus scheme
- Workplace pension
- 21 Days holiday plus bank holidays
Working Hours: 07:30 to 16:00 with 30 mins for lunch (unpaid) and a 10 min morning break.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons or call Julianne on 01392 423301.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.