Architect - Cambridge
Our client, one of the UK's leading construction consultancies, are looking for an experienced Architect to join them on a permanent basis in their Cambridge office to assist in the securing of opportunities within the property portfolio. You will forge new links with partner organisations in the locality and assist the Local Operations Director with existing client contacts. This role will require a significant degree of business development to help reinforce the property offering. In addition, you will provide a point of reference for Architectural consultancy services locally, fulfilling the project lead role on projects. You will occasionally be required to liaise closely with colleagues in the larger offices as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary design team producing high quality design work, comprehensive and co-ordinated detailed drawings and specifications which will enable projects to be completed within the agreed cost and budget parameters whilst running projects on-site when required.
The ideal candidates for this role will be/have:
- Qualified Architect (preferably Chartered)
- Excellent design capabilities
- Excellent technical and detailing skills
- Experience of team working
- Knowledge of all current regulations, relevant procurement methods
- Experience of Contract Administration / Site Supervision / Project Management and CDMC regulations
- Up to date with developments within the design/construction industry
- Working knowledge of BIM using REVIT
- Able to demonstrate and illustrate knowledge and experience across all sectors of the RIBA Plan of Work 2013
- Ability to lead and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective in growing and maintaining positive client relationships
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work to programme and agreed deadlines
- Ability to effectively resource plan and commercially manage projects and programmes of work
- Use of REVIT and BIM level 2 and all relevant IT and CAD software packages also including Autocad, Sketchup, Adobe Design Suite, Word, Excel
- NBS specifications and NBS Create
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an expanding team and significant player in UK's Consultancy market, working on the some of the most renowned UK projects.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Darren Johnston on 0161 929 3804, or likewise please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.