An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Air Conditioning Engineer to join a new team on a busy retail contract. The role will primarily be to work with a team of specialist A/C engineers, maintaining and repairing various types of air conditioning systems covering Hertfordshire and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate will have worked for a similar building services company, who is also competent in carrying out minor electrical/fabric/plumbing repairs when required.
- PPM/Reactive tasks on air conditioning and refrigeration systems and associated works to ensure job completion
- Service and repair to all HVAC systems on site
- Inspect installation works; carry out testing and commissioning checks
- Fault finding and repairs to HVAC systems, (A/C and refrigeration) and other mechanical repairs as required
- Preventative maintenance servicing
- Provide service cover during allocated periods of stand-by
- Complete relevant service documentation and reports
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant managerial information
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge and experience of carrying out maintenance and repair on all types of air conditioning systems including split, multi split, VRV/VRF, Close Control Air Conditioning Systems and chillers
- Previous experience on Toshiba Split Systems would be preferred.
- 2079 Safe Handling qualification
- NVQ 1 & 2 OR Equivalent
- Good all round knowledge of comfort cooling, heating systems, fixed electrical systems & controls
- Good interpersonal & communication skills. Flexible approach to work/clients requirements. Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the call-out rota. Good organisation skills and have a positive attitude
- C&G or HNC/D Mechanical or Electrical would be desirable
- Flexible approach to travel over specified area
- Full driving licence is essential
If you have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications for this role please apply by return.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.