Administrator (Part Time) - Manchester
My client is a UK leading consultancy specialising in Business Consulting across a number of market sectors including, Property, Transportation, Business Advisory etc. This client is looking for a Administrator on a Part-Time basis (3 days a week) to work alongside and cover for another member of the Administration team based in their Central Manchester office.
This administration team supports a leading consultancy division/team specialising in ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems). We are looking for an experienced and highly professional Administrator to work 3 days per week (Monday-Friday) on a 7.5 hour day. You will be part of a small team conducting standard yet business important administrative duties whilst also having the opportunity to get involved and gain experience in higher level team activities and duties. The day to day duties will include:
- Travel / hotel booking
- Forwarding emails
- Reception cover
- Handling incoming / outgoing post
- Stationery replenishing
- Binding / laminating
- Updating organisation charts
- Liaise with other regional admin staff / DMs and other senior management when required.
- Under supervision, provide project support to divisional PMs to achieve agreed targets and time scales. Typical project support would include:-
- Maintaining correspondence logs
- Taking or typing up minutes
- Arranging client meetings
The ideal candidate with be/have:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or 3-4 years previous administration experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and BC.
- Conceptual understanding of the consultancy, engineering and Project Management discipline.
- Good knowledge of company disciplines and services, and the ability to work to a high level in a professional environment.
- A strong communicator with the ability to deliver high quality administration support.
- Conceptual understanding of the ITS sector would be beneficial, but not essential.
The successful Administrator will need to be committed to seeing through the 2 month contract and as a result may be rewarded with further extensions or even the possibility of the role becoming permanent. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an industry leading consultancy, to be part of a brilliant, dynamic and friendly team, and to gain some exceptional professional experience for your career development.
The position is based in the Central Manchester Office near to Deansgate.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.